Seasonal volunteer opportunity from Spring through Fall on the western lawn. Key features follow:
- Each bed is 4’ X 8’, arranged with three beds touching each other.
- We sponsor multiple community work days to get to know fellow gardeners.
- There are 10 beds where the community of gardeners works together to raise vegetables that are donated to the local food bank.
- The garden is deer free, protected by a fence.
- It is an organic garden (no pesticides or herbicides).
- Cost per bed is $15 per year. Keeping the same bed from year to year is encouraged.
- There is an initial $20 deposit that is refunded if you leave the garden with your beds in reasonably good condition.
- For now, water is obtained from the building with plans to connect to the water cisterns that collect run-off from the solar array.