Reopening & Regathering Building Use Guidelines
The Building Use Group (BUG) has been formed from members of Leadership Council, the Board of Trustees, Buildings and Grounds, and staff to meet regularly and provide updated guidance on the use of UUCC’s buildings by its congregation. BUG’s discussions are informed by available data, health orders, and official guidelines. In addition, the Board of Trustees created a “UUCC Building Use Principles” statement to place our decision-making within our UU values.
Guidance through June regardless of changes in CDC/State guidelines
Updated: May 18, 2021
Next Revision: July 2021
UUCC Internal Guidelines
“Internal” includes: Members, Friends, and Visitors to UUCC events
Food and beverages must be either served to individuals or brought for their own needs.
The Gathering Covenant will guide our behavior and decision-making
In gathering together, we promise to:
- Assume good intentions and use this covenant and congregation policies to guide our actions.
- Give and accept reminders to the covenant gracefully.
- Gain consent before touching/hugging others.
- Wear masks in shared spaces until vaccines are available to all the children.
- Find ways to be inclusive of adults who cannot be vaccinated.
- Prioritize the safety of the whole community over our own sense of what is safe for ourselves.
- Respect the authority of the people making policies.
- Not gather in person if we are not feeling well, or are not vaccinated and have been exposed to Covid 19.
Outdoor gatherings (including Sunday Services)
- Social distancing of 6 feet and wearing masks (in a beloved community, masking and social distancing is not asking too much)
- Color-coded name tags (Green, most comfortable; Yellow, more careful; Red, most cautious) will be used at Services to indicate wearer’s current gathering comfort level (there will be signage with explanations)
- Members of Small Groups and Committees to discuss the Small Group Regathering Decision Guide before making room inquiries
- Safe room capacities, that take social distancing into account, will determine availability:
- 11-20 people, 3 rooms
- 10 people, 1-3 rooms
- 3-9 people, many rooms
- Shirley Nelson will assign rooms in consultation with members of Buildings & Grounds
- Technology options and recommendations for hybrid (combined in-person and remote) gatherings are being developed
External Group Expectations
The term “External Groups” includes both renters and recovery/support groups.
No one-time events (e.g., wedding, funeral) by External Groups lacking prior relationships with UUCC.
UUCC Requires that members of External Groups:
- Wear masks when in any public space in the building (hallways, restrooms, stairwells, and any space beyond the group’s assigned meeting space).
- Enter and exit via the doors specified for the room being used.
- Use the restrooms assigned to the room being used.
- Stay within the space assigned (don’t wander the building).
- Refrain from gathering in hallways, stairways, vestibule, and restrooms.
- Maintain social distancing as practicable within meeting rooms.
- Encourage members to wear masks in meeting spaces.
- Respect the workspaces and facilities used by the staff and volunteers.
- Assume the risk for their own activities.