Sunday, June 6, 2021
The Board of Trustees of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Cleveland announces a Congregational Meeting to be held following the Worship Service on Sunday, June 6, 2021. The single purpose of this meeting is to vote to call our Ministerial Candidate as minister of our congregation.
The meeting will be held via zoom, and members must be present to vote. It is possible that there will be an in-person worship service option that day. If that occurs we will have a provision in place for people attending the in-person service to remain at the church and attend the meeting while it is being held via zoom.
Voting for the candidate will be electronic, and will require members to be present on zoom or in-person (providing that is an option for the service that day). We will be emailing members a unique ballot code that they will use for voting. This will be sent on Thursday, May 26 and will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your email contacts so this important email won’t land in your spam. Additional details on voting will be included in the May 26 email.
People who have been members for more than 90 days are eligible to vote. A quorum of 25% of members is required. If you are not sure about your membership status please send an email to email@example.com.
Join Zoom Meeting
Click here for Special Congregational Meeting (June 6 @ 12:15 pm)
Meeting ID: 826 8297 6025
This is an official posting per the UUCC Code of Regulations
Full email posting meeting https://conta.cc/3vrbiAI (May 22, 5:57 PM)
Tell me more about our Candidate and Candidating Week!
I know that many of you, like me, are eager to hear all about our ministerial candidate and our opportunities to meet with our candidate during candidating week. Our Search Committee working triple time to get this all ready – it’s a massive task in a tight time frame. Really, I think I get a lot of email – I shudder thinking about what Mike Miller and Laurie Albright’s inboxes look like these days!
While I don’t have anything specific right now, I can set a few expectations:
- Search Committee co-chairs Laurie Albright and Mike MIller will have a brief Search Committee update at the May 23 Annual Meeting. Another good reason to attend the Annual Meeting (details above)!
- The Search Committee will announce details about the candidate via email (again, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts!) and on the website as soon as the information is cleared for release – hopefully by Tuesday, May 25. They’re excited about this candidate and want to introduce us to them as soon as possible!
- Our uucleveland.org website will be the best place to get up to date candidating week information. While the search committee will send an email with the candidating week schedule, the website should have the most current information.
- Here is some Candidating Week information from Mike and Laurie:
- Candidating Week runs May 29 – June 6.
- The candidate will lead the services on May 30 and June 6.
- They will be at an in-person coffee hour following the service on May 30.
- There will be 2 or 3 Q & A sessions that are open to all congregants, by Zoom – one on the afternoon of May 30, one on the evening of June 2, and possibly one more over lunch during the week.
- We are working to set up a time for the candidate to meet with youth, parents, and religious education people, but don’t have the day set yet – maybe Friday evening.
Wait, what are your talking about a Candidate and Candidating Week? Did you miss it? Here is the announcement the Search Committee sent on May 19 Search Announcement May 19, 2021.