Music at UUCC
Music is an important part of life and spirituality at UUCC. Led by our Music Director Mike Carney, the music program at UUCC spans across the generations, providing opportunities for congregants and friends to sing, play instruments, or simply enjoy, allowing the music to create a spiritual and meaningful space. We invite you to read Mike’s weekly Musical Musings and Music Notes about the Sunday Service, to learn more about choir opportunities for youth and adults, and to consider singing or playing at upcoming services.
A Rodgers Trillium organ was installed in 2004. The church’s original 11 rank Holtkamp organ is installed in a chamber above the chancel and is played from the Rodgers console. A nine-foot 1915 model D Steinway concert grand piano purchased in the 1960s by Robert Shaw was restored in 2006 by Ron Kunkle in Akron. The church also owns a Dowd two manual harpsichord, and a Baldwin Piano in the Baker Room. The other pianos around the building are owned by the Cleveland Institute of Music for their Preparatory Department which rents space in our building.