General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Participants worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone who is a member of our congregation can attend. The full fee is $200. The Racial Justice Leadership Team will provide financial support for UUCC members to attend he UUA General Assembly, June 23-27 (https://www.uua.org/ga).; Contact Nancy King Smith, RJLT chair, for information about financial support. [email@example.com]
Circle ‘Round for Justice ● Healing ● Courage is the theme for General Assembly 2021. General Assembly is a time to circle ‘round in community. We circle ‘round in care and healing; for liberation and justice; and for love and courage. Stacey Abrams and Desmond Meade will be the Ware Lecturers, and many of the workshops and presentations will focus on intersectional justice.
* We will share stories of the work happening at our Association. and in our congregations. We study ways to implement and live into our mission.
* UUA GA 2021 will incorporate recommendations from the Commission on Institution Change report, “Widening the Circle of Concern” and dialogue with the Article II Commission about our Principles and Purposes.
* Through programs and workshops, professional and lay leaders will learn and develop skills to equip them with tools to continue the mission of our faith.
* Featured speakers will delve into theological analysis, work around organizing for liberation, and the ways we tend our spiritual resilience.
* Honoring the myriad of communities within Unitarian Universalism, there will be time for networking, meetups and caucusing over the span of our 5-days together.
* Finally, during GA 2021, we will preserve our connection to Milwaukee and the MidAmerica Region through special programming and activities. Get ready to Circle ‘Round…