Thinking of attending General Assembly in June, but discouraged by the cost? A new scholarship is now available.
About the UUCC General Assembly Scholarship Fund
Recognizing that the Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly (GA) is a tremendous opportunity to engage in deep learning about the UU faith community, delve into personal reflection and exploration, and connect with members of other congregations nationally, Laurie Albright expressed the desire to make it possible for more UUCC members and friends to have the opportunity to participate in GA. Pre-pandemic and before attending virtually was an option, only a limited segment of our congregation could afford to attend GA, and Laurie observed the value and importance of making the experience accessible more broadly. She had the insight to assert that supporting members and friends to attend GA would both benefit the growth and development of those individuals supported to participate and would also benefit our UUCC congregation and community at large through the cultivation of potential new leaders of all ages.
About General Assembly
General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Participants worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to have voting delegates.
GA is typically held in June. In 2021, GA had more than 4,000 registered attendees participate from remote locations around the world, and this option worked well for many people in the COVID pandemic. It is expected that both virtual and in person options will be available each year.
More information about GA can be found here: https://www.uua.org/ga
- Members and Friends of UUCC for at least one full year are eligible to apply
- Involved in one or more committee or group in support of UUCC’s mission and vision
- Families are encouraged to apply. Activities and fellowship are planned for high school youth. **Children who haven’t yet entered high school (or its equivalent) are welcome to attend GA events with their parents or guardians at no cost, but are still required to register.
- Commitment to full participation in all elements of GA for both personal growth and in the interest of utilizing learning and growth to benefit the UUCC congregation.
Interested individuals or families should submit the following information to the Leadership Development team at email@example.com
- Name (s) and ages of person(s) applying
- How long you’ve (if applying on behalf of your family, please answer for all family members) been affiliated with UUCC and how you’ve been involved in the congregation in that time
- Whether you’ve attended GA in the past, and what you hope to gain from your participation in GA at this time
- What are you able to contribute financially to the cost? Are you planning virtual or in-person participation? Please use the current information on the UUA website to provide your total costs, minus what you plan to contribute, so that the total scholarship request is clear.
Applications accepted beginning January each year. Early applications are appreciated. Final deadline is April 22 (Earth Day).